Thanks to the generous commitment of sponsors – OA Centers for Orthopaedics, Mechanical Services, IDEXX Labs, CycleMania, Athlete’s Touch, Coffee by Design and VONT – and a growing membership nearing 150, we are pleased to introduce a new PVC member benefit for 2012 – Race & Ride Reimbursements as outlined below.
Purpose:To encourage PVC club member participation in races and rides and to maximize both club and sponsor exposure.$5,000 available for distribution throughout the 2012 seasono Early season: April –June ($1,800 available)o Summer season: July-September ($1,800 available)o Fall season: October-December ($1,400)
Members earn a point for each race or qualifying ride
Races include road races, time trials, triathlons, cyclocross, MTB eventso Qualifying rides include:BCM Maine Women’s Ride (June 3), Trek Across Maine (June 15-17), BCM Maine Bike Rally (July 6-8), BCM Lobster Ride & Roll (July 21), Bike MS: Great Maine Getaway (Aug 4-5), Dempsey Challenge (Oct. 13-14), others?
- 1-Point earned for each race and ride day when wearing PVC kit. Wearing the PVC clothing is required for reimbursement
- Proof of payment and participation (honor system)
- Requests for reimbursement must be submitted within 20-days of the end of each season period as defined above. Documentation submitted to designated administrator. Periodic reminders will be sent out via list serve and Facebook
- Program administrator will tally all points at end of each submission period, and distribute reimbursements on a prorated basis
- Total race reimbursement not to exceed $10 per race/ride day. Excess reimbursement funds will be rolled over to the next season period
- The OA-CycleMania Masters program maintains a separate race reimbursement program and schedule.
- Masters may not submit to both PVC and Masters for the same race